Hawaii Information Service is committed to keeping the market moving and supporting you in your work. We’ve set up this page to provide you with useful links, helpful tips, and special offers that will help you run your business virtually, setting the stage for success while #safeathome!
See our collection of tips and ways to run your business virtually while being #safeathome. From virtual meetings and open houses, to online workshops featuring a variety of tools and resources. Please continue to check back here for latest updates and e-blasts.Click the ‘envelope’ to preview each e-blast.
State of Hawaii
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR):
Coronavirus Guidance for REALTORS®
Guidance for Employers
Guidance for Property Owners
Guidance for Commercial Real Estate
Guidance for MLSs
Guidance for REALTOR® Associations
Inman News Coronavirus Coverage
Realtor.com Coronavirus Coverage
RISMedia Coronavirus Coverage
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions we’ve received since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. Don’t see an answer you’re looking for? contact us!
- Upload your video to a video hosting service such as Vimeo Plus, Wistia, Sprout, Vzaar, Cincopa, or Brightcove.
Do not upload your video to YouTube. YouTube and some other sites display content that is not allowed in public sections of the MLS.
- Configure your video so that your information or other content that is not allowed does not show. If you have Vimeo Plus, please see our configuration guide.
- In REsearch, use the Tours tool in the Listings Menu to attach your configured video link to your listing.
Video/virtual tours – Recorded, static on-demand presentations of a property. A virtual or video tour can be a simple video slideshow, a produced walkthrough of the property, or even an interactive 3-D model (like Matterport). Here’s how to add them to your listings.
Virtual showing – Earlier this month, ShowingTime introduced the ability to set up virtual showings. A virtual showing is a private, live online video conference arranged between listing agents and buyer’s agents, similar to arranging a showing at the property.
Virtual open house – A live, online video version of a conventional open house. It’s a scheduled event where the listing agent hosts multiple buyer’s agents and potential buyers to review, discuss, and ask questions about the property.
- Withdraw the listing (W status) or wait for it to expire (X status).
Do not Temporarily Withdraw (T status) your listing.
- Wait 30 days from the date the listing was withdrawn or expired.
- Create a new listing with a new MLS listing number.
- On the 31st day or later release your new listing.
Do not use the Back on Market tool. Using the Back on Market Tool will keep the original MLS number and the DOM will resume count from the date that the listing was taken off the market. You need to create a new listing for the days to begin at zero.
Do use New Listing or the Copy listing tool on the Listing Menu.