In The Know™ is a campaign developed by the Council of Multiple Listing Services for the benefit of its MLS members and their agents and brokers.
Consumers benefit from the the MLS.
Let’s help them understand how and why.
The time to have that conversation is now. Take the campaign materials below and use them to unlock a new conversation with consumers.
- 24% of consumers have only a vague idea of what the acronym MLS means
- 25% of consumers think it means “Major League Soccer”
- 76% of consumers have “no idea” how the MLS benefits them
- The MLS provides the bedrock of information that millions of people depend on to make smart real estate decisions.
- The vast majority of home sales happen through real estate brokers and agents working together on the MLS, not because of portals, websites or apps.
The MLS is how consumers, through their agent or broker, are In The Know™ about real estate. What’s for sale? How much do I offer? How much is my house worth? Brokers and agents, using the MLS, have the answers.
As an industry, we rely on the MLS every day. It’s how we monitor what’s happening across the market; how we cooperate to get sales done; how we offer compensation. We know how valuable the MLS is, even if we often take it for granted.
But we can’t take it for granted any longer. If we want to preserve the efficient real estate market it creates, we need to educate consumers about how the MLS benefits them.
Those benefits are real and strong. And consumers understand them when they are explained in non-industry language.
Ready-to-Use Campaign Materials
You’ll notice that the campaign highlights how the MLS helps you deliver benefits to buyers and sellers. This is a story about the MLS, but you are the hero. The MLS unlocks a facet of your value you may not have thought to share before. Now you can. Let’s do this!